Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bird Day Thursday--Favorite Bird

The end of the week is always the busiest part for me at work, so I don't have much time to devote to my devoted readers. So Bird Day Thursdays are a way for me to share just a quick tidbit of bird business to help you make it to the weekend.... It may be an interesting bird fact, a song, a photo, a video, or a "Secret Bird Sighting".

This Bird Day Thursday, I am actually taking the night off from work to go see a band called "Bird Show of North America". I have never seen them before, but the band booker at the Blue Moon insisted that I come to the show. It appears that all of their songs are bird-named, and they have an artist on stage painting birds while the musicians play their tunes. At the end of the show, the painting are up for sale. Sounds like a show this bird nerd should not miss!

So I leave you with this photo (not one of mine; although I wish it were!)

I think this is my new favorite bird: The Blue-footed Booby. Have you ever seen a funnier-looking, or happier-looking bird? I have not. And they live in the Galapagos Islands. I wish I were there right now.

3 comments:

  1. Great picture! The blue footed boobie is one of the most attractive sea birds in Galapagos, specially because of their visually-attractive blue feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww how cute, is that boobie? I love it!

    ReplyDelete