Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bird Day Thursday--Secret Bird Sightings

The end of the week is always the busiest part for me at work, so I don't have much time to devote to my devoted readers. So Bird Day Thursdays are a way for me to share just a quick tidbit of bird business to help you make it to the weekend.... It may be an interesting bird fact, a song, a photo, a video, or a "Secret Bird Sighting".

This week you get a Secret Bird Sighting! Whenever I am out at an event, I am always on the lookout for "birds" -- on clothing, accessories, or in any other form other than the real live thing-- a new type of birdwatching! Then I surreptitiously take a picture to add to my "life list". Almost as fun as real bird watching, and a way to spot some species that you normally might not see in your area... For example, while at a show at the Blue Moon one night last week, I came across these two Secret Bird Sightings:

Roadrunner Shirt


Songbird (wren?) Earrings

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you live in the Seattle area, the Blue Star Cafe and Pub in Wallingford hosts "Bird Day Thursday" every week, featuring drink specials on all "bird" beverages (ie: Blue Heron Pale Ale, Grey Goose Vodka, Wild Turkey Whiskey). So come on in for a drink, and save a buck or two on your favorite bird drink!

Blue Star Cafe & Pub
4512 Stone Way N.
Seattle, WA 98103

Happy Hour
4-6 pm Mon - Fri

Daily Drink Specials
4 pm - Close All Week
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment